Missed the second round of the Cineworld Film Quiz on Thursday? No worries – you can still stream it in the video below.
We asked our good friend Daniel J. Layton to host the second, action-packed instalment, whose categories span everything from animation to horror.
Play along by streaming the video. (The questions are also printed below, so scroll further down to discover them.) And remember, we want to see your high scores – share them on social media. Details can be found at the bottom of this blog post.
Round one: animations
1. What are the names of the two canine leads in One Hundred and One Dalmatians?
2. How many Ice Age movies have been released in cinemas?
3. What is the name of the only Disney Princess that was created by Pixar?
4. Which DC superhero was voiced by Will Arnett in The LEGO Movie?
5. Who voices the Sasquatch in Laika’s stop-motion animated adventure Missing Link?
6. Which Studio Ghibli film remains the highest-grossing film to date at the Japanese box office?
7. Which classic Disney animation is the latest to have a live-action remake, due to be released in Cineworld later this year?
8. Alec Baldwin voices the title character in which DreamWorks Animation movie?
9. Which Aardman Animations movie is the highest-grossing stop-motion animated film in history?
10. How many different versions of Spider-Man take on King Pin in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse?
2. Comic Books
1. Which eye did Thor lose in Thor: Ragnarok?
2. Which superheroes make up the Justice League in DC’s 2017 movie of the same name?
3. Ron Perlman played the iconic Hellboy twice, in 2004 and 2008. Who played the role in the 2019 film?
4. In Deadpool 2, why was the character Cable travelling back in time?
5. Who said that “Charles always wanted to build bridges” in X-Men: The Last Stand?
6. Name the 2009 film based on a DC limited series that features characters such as Doctor Manhattan?
7. Mahershala Ali was recently announced to be paying Blade in a new Marvel film - who played the character in the original trilogy?
8. What are the superhero names of the vigilante father-daughter duo who fight alongside Kickass in the film…Kick-Ass?
9. What is the name of Mr. Incredible’s supercool friend in The Incredibles?
10. Which Oscar-nominated actor made a cameo at the end of 2018’s Venom, and is due to return in its sequel Let There Be Carnage?
Guess the film from the iconic movie quote.
1. "You had me at 'Hello'."
2. "Here’s looking at you kid."
3 – "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
4 – "I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
5 – "I've come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours."
6 – "I like you very much. Just as you are."
7 – "If you’re a bird, I’m a bird."
8 – "Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away."
9 – "Nobody puts baby in the corner."
10 – "I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly."
1. In what year is A Quiet Place set?
2. Jordan Peele made a modern horror classic with his 2017 film Get Out - how many Oscars was it nominated for? (A bonus point if you know how many it won)
3. Ari Aster wrote and directed two critically-acclaimed horror films that came out in 2018 and 2019. What were they?
4. How many films were released as part of The Conjuring Universe?
5. Which actress received the nickname 'Scream Queen', largely thanks to her role in the Halloween franchise?
6. What is the name of the main antagonist of the Saw franchise, portrayed by Tobin Bell?
7. What is the famous quote from Jaws which often gets misquoted?
8. Who directed the 1979 sci-fi horror Alien which launched the franchise?
9. How do you summon the Candyman?
10. What do The Shining, Pet Sematary, and Carrie all have in common?
1. In Arrival, Amy Adams’ character Dr. Louise Banks has a special skill that leads to her being recruited by the U.S. Army. What is this skill?
2. What is the song associated with the 1998 sci-fi epic Armageddon?
3. Why does Brad Pitt’s character Clifford McBride embark on a mission to Neptune in Ad Astra?
4. What is the name of the United States spacecraft featured in 2001: A Space Odyssey?
5. In The Martian, how long does Matt Damon’s character have to survive on Mars in order to be rescued via the next Mars mission?
6. What is the name of the planet that the humans are colonizing in Avatar?
7. Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson and Ryan Reynolds star in what sci-fi horror where extra-terrestrial life turns hostile?
8. Who stars alongside Sandra Bullock in Gravity?
9. What’s the name of the Oscar-nominated docudrama that depicted the events of the seventh crewed mission in NASA’s space program?
10. Who plays Cooper in Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi thriller Interstellar?
1. Who was announced in May 2020 as the director of a new Star Wars film?
2. How many James Bond films have been released so far? (NB: We’re talking EON produced Bond movies. So Never Say Never Again, for instance, doesn’t count)
3. Who plays Albus Dumbledore in the Fantastic Beasts movies?
4. Which film will kickstart Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe when it’s released later this year?
5. Ian McKellen famously plays which character in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films?
6. From which movie franchise is the following quote: "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning"?
7. What is the name of the evolved chimpanzee played by Andy Serkis in the Planet of the Apes?
8. The Mission: Impossible franchise currently stands at six installments, with a seventh and eighth both announced – when was the first film in the series released?
9. How long did Hugh Jackman play the character of Wolverine?
10. What is the name of Jeff Goldblum’s character in the Jurassic Park franchise?
How well did you do? Let us know @Cineworld and keep your eyes peeled for the next instalment of the Cineworld film quiz.