Looking for inspiration to create a movie quiz? Then check out the Cineworld Film Quiz 2 questions and answers to get started.
Round one: animations
1. What are the names of the two canine leads in One Hundred and One Dalmatians?
Pongo and Perdie.
2. How many Ice Age movies have been released in cinemas? (Bonus point if you can name all of them.)
Five: Ice Age (2002), Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009), Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012), Ice Age: Collision Course (2015)
3. What is the name of the only Disney Princess that was created by Pixar?
Merida from Brave (2012)
4. Which DC superhero was voiced by Will Arnett in The LEGO Movie?
5. Who voices the Sasquatch in Laika’s stop-motion animated adventure Missing Link?
6. Which Studio Ghibli film remains the highest-grossing film to date at the Japanese box office?
Spirited Away (2001)
7. Which classic Disney animation is the latest to have a live-action remake, due to be released in Cineworld later this year?
Mulan, which is scheduled for release on 24th July.
8. Alec Baldwin voices the title character in which DreamWorks Animation movie?
The Boss Baby (2017).
9. Which Aardman Animations movie is the highest-grossing stop-motion animated film in history?
Chicken Run (2000).
10. How many different versions of Spider-Man take on King Pin in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse?
Six: Miles Morales, Peter Parker, Spider-Gwen, Penny Parker, Spider-Man Noir and Peter Porker/Spider-Ham.
2. Comic Books
1. Which eye did Thor lose in Thor: Ragnarok?
2. Which superheroes make up the Justice League in DC’s 2017 movie of the same name?
Batman (Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher).
3. Ron Perlman played the iconic Hellboy twice, in 2004 and 2008. Who played the role in the 2019 film?
4. In Deadpool 2, why was the character Cable travelling back in time?
To kill young mutant Russell 'Firefist' Collins (Julian Dennison), who is destined to kill Cable's family in the future
5. Who said that “Charles always wanted to build bridges” in X-Men: The Last Stand?
Magneto (Ian McKellen).
6. Name the 2009 film based on a DC limited series that features characters such as Doctor Manhattan?
7. Mahershala Ali was recently announced to be paying Blade in a new Marvel film - who played the character in the original trilogy?
Wesley Snipes, who played the character from 1998 to 2004.
8. What are the superhero names of the vigilante father-daughter duo who fight alongside Kickass in the film…Kick-Ass?
Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage) and Hit Girl (Chloe Moretz).
9. What is the name of Mr. Incredible’s supercool friend in The Incredibles?
Frozone, voiced by Samuel L. Jackson.
10. Which Oscar-nominated actor made a cameo at the end of 2018’s Venom, and is due to return in its sequel Let There Be Carnage?
Guess the film from the iconic movie quote.
1. "You had me at 'Hello'."
Jerry Maguire (1996)
2. "Here’s looking at you kid."
3 – "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
4 – "I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
Notting Hill (1999)
5 – "I've come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours."
Sense and Sensibility (1995)
6 – "I like you very much. Just as you are."
Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
7 – "If you’re a bird, I’m a bird."
The Notebook (2004)
8 – "Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away."
9 – "Nobody puts baby in the corner."
Dirty Dancing (1987)
10 – "I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly."
You've Got Mail (1998)
1. In what year is A Quiet Place set?
2020 (seen on Beau's gravestone).
2. Jordan Peele made a modern horror classic with his 2017 film Get Out - how many Oscars was it nominated for? (A bonus point if you know how many it won)
Four: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best Actor for Daniel Kaluuya. Filmmaker Jordan Peele achieved a historic victory by winning the screenplay Oscar, the first African-American filmmaker to do so.
3. Ari Aster wrote and directed two critically-acclaimed horror films that came out in 2018 and 2019. What were they?
Hereditary and Midsommar.
4. How many films were released as part of The Conjuring Universe?
Seven: The Conjuring (2013), Annabelle (2014), The Conjuring 2 (2016), Annabelle: Creation (2016), The Nun (2018), The Curse of La Llorona (2019), Annabelle Comes Home (2019).
5. Which actress received the nickname 'Scream Queen', largely thanks to her role in the Halloween franchise?
Jamie Lee Curtis.
6. What is the name of the main antagonist of the Saw franchise, portrayed by Tobin Bell?
John Kramer aka Jigsaw.
7. What is the famous quote from Jaws which often gets misquoted?
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."
8. Who directed the 1979 sci-fi horror Alien, which launched the franchise?
9. How do you summon the Candyman?
Say his name five times into the mirror.
10. What do The Shining, Pet Sematary, and Carrie all have in common?
They're all based on books written by Stephen King.
1. In Arrival, Amy Adams’ character Dr. Louise Banks has a special skill that leads to her being recruited by the U.S. Army. What is this skill?
2. What is the song associated with the 1998 sci-fi epic Armageddon?
'Don't Wanna Miss a Thing' by Aerosmith.
3. Why does Brad Pitt’s character Clifford McBride embark on a mission to Neptune in Ad Astra?
To locate his missing father Roy (Tommy Lee Jones).
4. What is the name of the United States spacecraft featured in 2001: A Space Odyssey?
5. In The Martian, how long does Matt Damon’s character have to survive on Mars in order to be rescued via the next Mars mission?
549 sols (Mars days).
6. What is the name of the planet that the humans are colonizing in Avatar?
7. Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson and Ryan Reynolds star in what sci-fi horror where extra-terrestrial life turns hostile?
8. Who stars alongside Sandra Bullock in Gravity?
9. What’s the name of the Oscar-nominated docudrama that depicted the events of the seventh crewed mission in NASA’s space program?
Apollo 13 (1995).
10. Who plays Cooper in Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi thriller Interstellar?
1. Who was announced in May 2020 as the director of a new Star Wars film?
2. How many James Bond films have been released so far? (NB: We’re talking EON produced Bond movies. So Never Say Never Again, for instance, doesn’t count)
24 (the 25th, No Time To Die, is scheduled for November 2020).
3. Who plays Albus Dumbledore in the Fantastic Beasts movies?
4. Which film will kickstart Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe when it’s released later this year?
Black Widow, due for release in November.
5. Ian McKellen famously plays which character in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films?
6. From which movie franchise is the following quote: "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning"?
The Fast and the Furious.
7. What is the name of the evolved chimpanzee played by Andy Serkis in the Planet of the Apes?
8. The Mission: Impossible franchise currently stands at six installments, with a seventh and eighth both in production – when was the first film in the series released?
9. How long did Hugh Jackman play the character of Wolverine?
17 years, beginning with 2000's X-Men and ending with 2017's Logan.
10. What is the name of Jeff Goldblum’s character in the Jurassic Park franchise?
Planning to create your own movie quiz? Let us know @Cineworld and keep your eyes peeled for Cineworld round three.