Ramaiya Vastavaiya, directed by Prabhu Deva, sees producer Kumar Taurani's son Girish Kumar make his much anticipated debut.
The film is on release from 19 July and we're pleased to bring you an exclusive interview with fledgling star Kumar.
1. Ramaiya Vastavaiya is your film debut, what do you hope will come from it?
Well I hope everyone would love to watch Ramaiya Vastavaiya, as it is a complete family movie. We have put in tremendous effort into the project. We hope the audience will like it.
2. You perform your own action sequences, so are you ready to become next 'Khiladi Kumar' of Bollywood?
Well, he is a veteran actor, I cannot compare myself to him. If I will get a chance to hang out with him, then maybe I will become like him.
3. How was your experience working with Shruti Haasan?
As we all know Shruti Haasan's father is a star, but she is so grounded. She is very professional. I was so comfortable working with her that I didn't even realise when the shoot was over! I think the energy and cuteness between me and Shruti is really appealing.
4. You are the son of producer Kumar Taurani. Did your father's name help you in your career or did you struggle to bag the chance on your own?
Just because I am producer Kumar Taurani's son that doesn't mean I did not struggle. I had my own share of struggle but not like other newcomers. Yes, I had opportunity but it was all about achieving the goal as I did. Only after taking my audition, Prabhu Sir displayed his contentment and said to my father that we will be working together. I am happy that I am debuting with Prabhu Deva's film.
5. How is it working with Prabhu Deva, our very own dancing legend turned ace director?
It was a pleasure and I couldn’t have asked for a better launch. He has been a great mentor and I have had a memorable experience on this film.
6. Prabhu Deva is a dancing icon, how difficult was it for you to groove with him on 'Jaadu Ki Jhappi De De Tu Abhi'?
Prabhu Sir is a good human being and of course a great dancer. He made me work so patiently. I had lots of fun while working with him. He was so co-operative that I did not feel like a newcomer.
7. You are already a heartthrob with the females. How does that feel?
I am very happy and honoured. I hope I live up to their expectations.